Do Animals have a religion?

Do Animals have a religion?

Christianity says God made man in his image.

Atheism says that all religions are made by man and that God was created in man's image. Also that in ancient times people had no knowledge about how the planets and universe was formed. People wondered where the first human came from. The best anwser would be a mighty HUMAN like GOD figure who created the first human on earth ADAM. And created all the animals as well.

So the best explenation for early man would be that there was the great BIG HUMAN CHIEF in the begenning.

People have brains, the brain is inquisitive and and curious. Early mans curiosity of how things began led to this idea.

Wait a minute, Animals have brains too!!

I wonder what the Apes think of how their kind began or how the world began, I bet you they believe the first ape came from the BIG GREAT APE GOD KING who was the first ape in the begenning. Who created all the apes (in its image) and all other animals on earth and yes us HUMANS too. Hence, a RELIGION!!

I wonder how the Birds think how their kind began or how the world began, let me guess THE GREAT BIRD GOD made the first bird (in its image) and all other animals on earth and yes, us HUMANS too. You guessed it, a RELIGION!!

Aint no surprise the birds are tweeting loudly in the trees on a Sunday morning. Its the Turtle Doves and Starlings having their morning Church service. Now I know what all the commotion was about.

Similar religion applies for fish, bears, lions etc..

Looks like HUMANS aren't the only religious ones on this earth.

Are HUMANS the only atheists on earth? Atheist animals.. hmmm

TygerQB 2014-08-25 10:40:53 AM
Either a troll, or a moron. I suspect the latter.
Kallie Karnallie 2014-08-25 10:42:31 AM
No comment, moving along...
Siebert Mazus 2014-08-25 10:52:03 AM
Martin wrote: -Atheism says that all religions are made by man and that God was created in man's image.- Nope. Atheists don't believe in the existence of Spooks. That's it. Any empirical, verifiable evidence for the existence of Spooks , yet?
Siebert Mazus 2014-08-25 11:07:51 AM
This one, to me, is always funny: -Christianity says God made man in his image.- Then, why am I not invisible?
AbrieGous 2014-08-25 11:17:03 AM
I can't say for sure, but I have observed a lot of sheep and they appear to have religious tendencies.
CyberMatix 2014-08-25 12:18:35 PM
There is only ONE God. The amoeba god. We all came from amoebae. The dumb amoebae became Christians and the clever amoebae became atheists.
Esther James 2014-08-25 12:46:54 PM
Our ancestors had choices that made mistakes a positive effect on evolution. A rustle in the grass may be the wind or a predator. To flee the noise may be the wrong decision if it is the wind yet the mistake of remaining to investigate further could prove fatal and also the wrong decision. So those who survived made minor mistakes that proved to have a positive effect. The creation of gods to explain that which was not understood likewise became an evolutionary step in wrong thinking that aimed to protect the generations from curiosity. Many animals are guided through their evolution by those who stay and those that flee. It is a fine balance as those that flee at everything would reduce their chances of feeding etc. Animals have fear responses yet no gods hence no atheists either.
Gerald Moore 2014-08-25 05:30:49 PM
My google news feed started with “Atheism says....” When I see someone starting a premise with “Atheism says...,” I automatically call BS. Atheism is a lack of belief in gods. Atheism itself doesn’t make any claims about gods, their existence or about the origins of religions. It seems only theists start sentences with “Atheism says.” The phrase displays a complete misunderstanding or deliberate misrepresentation of atheism. What’s with all the shouting capitals? The article reads like a poorly educated theist rant in the comments section, not a serious attempt at writing an article. I’ve not see this sort of thing before.
Fired up 2014-08-25 09:54:33 PM
I like your quirky take, thanks Martin.
Daniel Warren Curtis 2014-08-25 10:32:29 PM
This article makes no sense. Many early religions worshiped animals or things that were not at all like humans or animals (e.g. the sun).