4 die of gas inhalation in Northern Cape

Kimberly - A 50-year-old woman and three children were found dead in a backroom in Galeshewe, Kimberley on Saturday, Northern Cape police said.

"There was a gas stove on the scene and at this stage police suspect that the deceased might have died due to gas inhalation," said spokesperson Lieutenant Donald Mdhluli.

"No foul play is suspected and an inquest docket has been opened."

The three young girls were aged 3, 9 and 11.

Their bodies were discovered by relatives after noticing that the four did not wake up.

Emergency personnel declared them dead at the scene, Mdhuli said.

Read more on: kimberly
Dipuo Peters 2014-08-09 07:56:07 PM
May their souls rest in peace.My condolences to the family.
Dipuo Peters 2014-08-09 07:56:07 PM
May their souls rest in peace.My condolences to the family.
lacrimosewolf 2014-08-09 08:24:41 PM
Well reporters, we are left bemused. In one story a man is dead in his ransacked house but robbery cannot be confirmed as cause and here we have deceased in the vicinity of a gas cylinder, which too cannot be confirmed as cause, but your headline for this story intimates it is cause. So let's be consistent please. You can't present as fact in one story and as speculation in another. This headline should read "4 Found Dead in Northern Cape" as in "Limpopo Farmer Found Dead"