Bail hearing date set for 2 accused of decapitation
Durban - The bail hearing of two people accused of decapitating a Durban prostitute was postponed in the Durban Regional Court on Wednesday.
The two, who are part of a group of six accused of killing Desiree Murugan, appeared briefly. Magistrate Anand Maharaj postponed their bail hearing to 22 September.
Sivonkaliso Mbili, 32, and Vusumuzi Gumede, 30, were told their legal team had agreed to the date.
They are accused along with Falakhe Khumalo, 18, and three minors.
Municipal workers found Murugan's body at Shallcross stadium last month.
The Daily News reported at the time that the 39-year-old had a 6-year-old son and worked as a prostitute. She reportedly had a drug habit.
Her head was found in Imfume on the KwaZulu-Natal south coast.
At the time police spokesperson Colonel Jay Naicker said one of the accused was a traditional healer.
The regional court was packed to capacity on Wednesday.
It was not immediately clear when and if the three minors and Khumalo would appear in court.