News24

R500 bail for man accused of raping son

2014-07-30 21:42

Johannesburg - A man accused of raping his 4-year-old son was granted R500 bail in the Tonga Magistrate's Court on Wednesday, Mpumalanga police said.

He would be back in court on 3 September, police spokesperson Leonard Hlathi said.

The man, from Langeloop village near the Swaziland and Mozambican border, allegedly raped his son while he was visiting him during the school holidays.

The boy and his 8-year-old brother live with their mother at Sikhwahlane village.

"They went to visit their father for the school holidays. Their mother learnt about the abuse of the 4-year-old after the 8-year-old disclosed the matter to their aunt," spokesperson Mzwandile Nyambi said at the time.

He said the boy was taken to hospital where it was confirmed he had been raped.

SAPA
Read more on:    mbombela child abuse crime

More Stories in South Africa

«Back