News24

Man appears for Mossel Bay murder

2014-08-06 18:43

Cape Town - A man accused of killing a Mossel Bay resident appeared in the local magistrate's court on Wednesday, police said.

Quintin Seyffert, 30, would remain in custody until his formal bail application on Monday, police spokesperson Malcolm Pojie said.

He is accused of killing 55-year-old Daniel Bekker of Heiderand at the weekend.

Pojie said Bekker was found on his bed on Sunday. His throat had been slit and his wrists cut.

Seyffert was arrested around 19:00 the same day.

"We later discovered that the cellphone of the deceased is missing as well as his motorbike. The motorbike was retrieved from the ocean where it was ditched," Pojie said.

SAPA
Read more on:    george crime

More Stories in South Africa

«Back
Ad:Funeral Cover from R29/m