Mpumalanga protesters set fire to bus

Johannesburg - A group of protesters set fire to a bus when they barricaded the N4 near Witbank on Wednesday, Mpumalanga police said.

- Were you there? Send us your eyewitness accounts and photos.

They barricaded the Vosman and Wakefield street intersection at around 06:00, Brigadier Selvy Mohlala said.

Two cars were damaged when the group threw stones at passing vehicles.

Police dispersed the group and the road was cleared.

No injuries were reported and no arrests made.

Mohlala was unable to provide a reason for the protest.

"Police will continue monitoring the situation," he said.

Read more on: mbombela protests
Portia Leposh 2014-08-27 03:29:36 PM
I think we are all fed-up with this nonsense and destroying things they never even worked for, something needs to be done!!!!
Bernd Kankowski 2014-08-27 03:37:47 PM
Just another day in Africa! I vote for you then you don't deliver, then I burn someone else's property, then you promise, I vote for you again, then you don't deliver, I burn more things, then the government blames apartheid! You agree and vote again, no delivery and the same crap carries on from election to election. You get what you vote for!! You voted for Zuma. It is his turn together with his merry men who must first satisfy their own greed. To hell with the people. If you want to burn something start with Nkandla. At least they can check whether the fire pool is effective. Dumb asses!
Alida Jeanne Louw-Joubert 2014-08-27 03:52:03 PM
Nin Ja Kitty 2014-08-27 04:02:51 PM
Setting a bus alight. Protesting, throwing stones. I have seen better behaviour amongst a group of rabid dogs. We want, give me. It is fair to say that the government has not met their commitment to the nation, and the nation has a right to be angry, but outbacker behaviour is not going to solve anything. It is only going to heighten the aggravation and lead to worse things.
Unusual username 2014-08-27 11:38:30 PM
No doubt it was a protest of lack of busses. Usually how irony protest works .....
Zbigniew Kolodziej 2014-08-29 08:46:35 AM
Two cars were damaged when the group threw stones at passing vehicles.:)!!! Only from one company from Kusile project was 4 damaged