News24

Search continues for kidnapped Reiger Park boy

2014-08-09 08:21

Johannesburg - A search is under way for a male who was last seen with a kidnapped 3-year-old in the Ramaphosa informal settlement near Reiger Park, Gauteng police said on Friday.

The boy, Curburne Lavone van Wyk, was last seen with Katleho Phoku known as Chicken, said police spokesperson Noxolo Kweza.

"The police are looking for him [Phoku]. We believe he might be able to assist us with the investigation."

The boy was allegedly kidnapped while he was he playing outside near his home on Wednesday evening, spokesperson Kwenzakwakhe Ngobese said earlier.

His parents reported him missing on Thursday morning.

The boy was still believed to be in the area.

"We received information that someone had seen the boy in the area," said Ngobese.

A case of kidnapping had been opened and police were investigating.

SAPA
Read more on:    johannesburg crime abductions

More Stories in South Africa

«Back
Ad:Insure your car with iWYZE