Summer Skin Protection
But, if you don't look after your skin, your future Summers won't be as fun.
Chances are, if you don't protect your skin from sun damage, you'll be the one with wrinkly, leathery skin, deep lines and terrible dark spots.
But, don't fret. It really is never too late to start with a strict sun protection regime.
Remember these important facts:
• It is recommended that you wear a broad-spectrum sunscreen or sunblock that protects against both UVA and UVB rays.
• UVA rays affect the deeper layers of the skin. They penetrate the skin more deeply than UVB, and play a major part in skin aging and wrinkling. Try: Everysun Anti Aging SPF 30
• UVB, the chief cause of skin reddening and sunburn, damage the skin's more superficial epidermal layers. It plays a key role in the development of skin cancer. Try: Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Targeted Sun Defense Stick SPF 50
• Always wear a SPF of 15 or higher -even if you won't be in direct sunlight during the day. The higher the better!
• The skin on your face is more senstive and prone to breakouts, so it needs extra care and something that won't cause breakouts. Try: Elizabeth Arden Eight Hour Cream Sun Defence for Face SPF 50.
• Different areas of your body have different skin sensitiviy levels and are more exposed. The skin on your lips, earlobes and nose is thinner, for example. Try: Piz Buin Sun lipsticks.
• Water resistant lotions are great for when you're going to be spending a lot of time close to the water. Remember to re-apply as soon as you're done swimming and splasing. Try: Everysun's Waterproof range
Do you protect your skin during Summer?