Send us your unique KZN stories
THE Witness True Stories of KZN for 2014 has been launched, so get your thinking caps on and tell us those stories that make our province, KwaZulu-Natal, more unique, more special and infinitely more interesting than the rest of South Africa.
All stories must be true and have a strong link to KZN. There are four categories as usual: Open — with a prize of R12 000 for stories 1 500 words or less and Snapshot, Schools and Opinion which all have a prize of R3 000 and are for stories that are under 800 words.
The closing date for entries is noon, August 1, and the winners will be announced in November.
• State clearly which category you are entering.
• Stories may be submitted via e-mail or post. Send your entries to: The Witness True Stories of KwaZulu-Natal
Competition, P.O. Box 362, Pietermaritzburg, 3200, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘True Story competition’ in the subject line. Receipt will be acknowledged.
• Do not enclose visuals.
• Please include your contact details in any e-mail attachment; not just in the message field.
• Be sure of your entry before you send it — “improved” versions won’t be accepted.
• Editing is at the discretion of The Witness.
• Manuscripts will not be returned.
• The competition is not open to salaried employees of The Witness.