Tell us your true stories
THE WITNESS True Stories of KZN has been launched, so get your thinking caps on and tell us those stories that make KwaZulu-Natal infinitely more interesting than the rest of South Africa.
All stories must be true and have a strong link to KZN. There are four categories as usual: Open — with a prize of R12 000 for stories 1 500 words or less and Snapshot category, Schools category and Opinion category, which all have a prize of R3 000 and are for stories that are under 800 words.
The closing date for entries is noon — August 1 — and the winners will be announced in November. Get writing!
• State clearly which category you are entering.
• Stories may be submitted via e-mail or post. Send your entries to: The Witness True Stories of KwaZulu-Natal
Competition, P.O. Box 362, Pietermaritzburg, 3200, or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org quoting ‘True Story competition’ in the subject line.
Receipt will be acknowledged.
• Do not enclose visuals.
• Please include your contact details in any e-mail attachment; not just in the message field.
• Be sure of your entry before you send it — “improved” versions won’t be accepted.
• Editing is at the discretion of The Witness.
• Manuscripts will not be returned.
• The competition is not open to salaried employees of The Witness.