Fire season checklist
THE August winds have already made their presence felt — all involved in farming etc. are requested to check the following
1. Have you completed all fire break burning in accordance with UFPA rules & regulations, and more specifically around the boundaries of your rural/farm property?
Ingabe usuqedile ukushisa ama-firebreak wakho onke ulandela iminqumo mgomo nemithetho yeUFPA,ikakhulukazi amafirebreak asemgceleni wakho namanye amaplazi
2. Did you burn/clear your fire breaks?
Ingabe ama-firebreaks akho ashe kahle yini?
3. Have all persons involved with the burning of fire breaks and prescribed burning received training?
Ingabe bonke abantu ababandekayo ekushiseni baqeqeshiwe yini?
4. Have you as an employer provided personal protective clothing to all people involved with fire fighting and/or prescribed burning?
Ingabe wena njengomqashi ubanikezile abasebenzi bakho abashisa amafire breaks iimpahla ezibalungele ukucisha umlilo?
5. Do you believe you have reasonable equipment on your property to suppress and/or try to stop the spread of fire?
Ngokubona kwakho amathuluzi akho anele ekutheni ungawunqanda noma uwucishe umlilo?
6. Do you meet the fire fighting recommended equipment standards as set out by your local FPA?
Amathuluzi wakho lawo onawo wokucisha umlilo ahambisana nomgomo obekiwe yi-UFPA?
7. Did you phone your local FPA to obtain permission to burn on any particular day?
Uyayi fonela iFPO yakho ukuze uthole imvume yokushisa?
8. Did you know the Fire Danger Index on the day you undertook burning operations?
Uyayazi iFDI yangalolusuku ngaphambi kokuthi ushise?
9. Did you notify your neighbours that you were burning on any particular day?
Ubikile yini kumakhelwana wakhophambi kokuthi ushise
10. Did you make arrangements with your neighbours to burn fire breaks jointly on the common boundary?
Uhlelile nomakhelwane wakho ukuze nishise lemingcele enihlukanisile?
If you have said “no” to any of the above please contact Avala Mana of Umvoti Fire Protection Association on 076 154 1020.