Warning to social grant beneficiaries
SASSA would like to assure all social grant beneficiaries that the glitches experienced in the beginning of July have been resolved, their grant money will be on the new gold card as from August 1.
Beneficiaries are urged to ignore fraudsters promoting a certain bank card and stating that the Sassa card will not have money at the beginning of August.
The new Sassa card swap is only issued at pay points, Sassa offices and South African Post Office (SAPO) and it has many benefits and can be identified as follows:
* The Sassa payment card has the South African flag on the left side, Mastercard logo on the right and bears the Sassa insignia at the top.
* The card gives the beneficiary three free cash withdrawals at merchants and one free cash withdrawal per month from the post office.
* One free ATM balance inquiry per month
* All swipes are free of charge and it is Eurocard, MasterCard and Visa (EMV) compliant which means it is accepted at all merchants and ATMs that display the Visa sign around the country.
* No illegal deductions (only 10% deduction of funeral policies will be allowed on non-child grants endorsed by the grant beneficiary).
Beneficiaries are urged to visit any Sassa office, post office or pay points to get the new card as the old Sassa card will be fully phased out by September 30.
For more information contact our hotline number: 0800 60 10 11 from 8 am until 4 pm from Monday to Friday.