Sassa issues warning to social grant beneficiaries
THE South African Social Security Agency (Sassa) has been made aware that social grant beneficiaries are being deceived into accepting fraudulent bank cards.
The fraudsters spread wrong information, claiming that the official Sassa card will not have money at the beginning of the month of August 2018.
Sassa is assuring all social grant beneficiaries that the glitches experienced in the beginning of July have been resolved and that their grant money will be accessible on the new gold card as from today (August 1).
Beneficiaries are warned not to listen to people who are giving them false information regarding the new Sassa card.
Beneficiaries are urged to make enquiries by visiting their nearest Sassa office or at existing pay-points or nearby Post Offices.
The new Sassa card swap is only issued at pay-points, Sassa offices and South African Post Offices (SAPO) and it has many benefits.
KNOW YOUR CARD
• The Sassa payment card has the South African flag on the left side, Mastercard logo on the right and bears the Sassa insignia at the top
• The card gives the beneficiary three free cash withdrawals at merchants and one free cash withdrawal per month from the post office
• Beneficiaries have access to one free ATM balance enquiry per month
• All swipes are free of charge. The card is Eurocard, MasterCard and Visa (EMV) compliant which means it is accepted at all merchants and ATMs that display the Visa sign
• No illegal deductions allowed (only 10% deduction of funeral policies will be allowed on non-child grants endorsed by the grant beneficiary)
Beneficiaries are urged to visit any Sassa office, post office or pay-points to get a new card as the old Sassa card will be fully phased-out by September 30. For more information contact the hotline number 0800 60 10 11 from 8 am until 4 pm, Monday to Friday.