4 die of gas inhalation in Northern Cape

Kimberly - A 50-year-old woman and three children were found dead in a backroom in Galeshewe, Kimberley on Saturday, Northern Cape police said.

"There was a gas stove on the scene and at this stage police suspect that the deceased might have died due to gas inhalation," said spokesperson Lieutenant Donald Mdhluli.

"No foul play is suspected and an inquest docket has been opened."

The three young girls were aged 3, 9 and 11.

Their bodies were discovered by relatives after noticing that the four did not wake up.

Emergency personnel declared them dead at the scene, Mdhuli said.