Probe into Carl Pistorius crash ongoing
Johannesburg - An accident that left Carl Pistorius - the brother of murder-accused Paralympian Oscar Pistorius - seriously injured, continues to be the subject of an ongoing police investigation, Limpopo police said on Sunday.
"We are still busy with an investigation... into negligent and reckless driving," said Brigadier Hangwani Mulaudzi.
The accident took place on Friday night outside Modimolle when the car Carl Pistorius was driving, collided head on with another.
He had to be freed from the wreckage using the jaws-of-life before he and the other driver were taken to hospital, both with serious injuries.
Two passengers in his car were left uninjured after the crash.
On Saturday, the Pistorius family issued a statement saying that the eldest of the three Pistorius siblings was medically "out of danger".
On Sunday, Mulaudzi said the investigation could still "take a while" as all relevant information was being gathered into a docket. However, he added: "We will make sure it is concluded as soon as possible."
Mulaudzi also refuted media reports that part of the investigation was into drunk driving.
"We want to categorically deny these claims".
In May last year, Carl Pistorius was acquitted on a culpable homicide charge in connection with an accident that took place in 2008 whereby a motorbike driver died.
Meanwhile, closing arguments in Oscar Pistorius's murder trial - in connection with the shooting of his girlfriend Reeva Steenkamp - are expected to begin on Thursday.