Jonas, Mentor and Treasury top dog first up at state capture inquiry
Some of the witnesses who are expected to testify at the Commission of Inquiry into State Capture on Monday have been revealed.
In a statement from commission spokesperson Reverend Mbuyiselo Stemela, it was revealed that the witnesses include:
- Ndleleni Willie Mathebula, a seasoned treasury staffer of 15 years,
- former deputy finance minister Mcebisi Jonas,
- former ANC MP and parliamentary caucus chairperson Mabel Petronella "Vytjie" Mentor,
- former Business Leadership South Africa (BLSA) director of communications Themba Maseko, and
- government communications deputy director general Phumla Williams.
The inquiry begins on Monday in Parktown, Johannesburg.
"There are other witnesses whom the legal team is in the process of identifying and/or consulting with," Stemela said.
- FOLLOW News24 on Twitter