Police launch manhunt following fatal Pretoria drive-by shooting
Police in Pretoria have launched a manhunt for two suspects who were involved in a fatal drive-by shooting in the city on Friday morning.
It is believed that a 44-year-old man was attacked by two other men on Troye Street shortly after he had dropped off his brother, police spokesperson Captain Daniel Mavimbela said.
Mavimbela said reports suggested that the suspects had been following the victim in a white VW Polo before attacking him.
The motive behind the killing was still unknown.
A case of murder is being investigated.
"The intelligence and evidence gathered from the crime scene indicate that members of the public could play a vital role by assisting to either identify or even apprehend the suspects within seventy-two hours," said Mavimbela.