Post-mortem to be done to identify body thought to be Miguel Louw
The post-mortem on the decomposed body thought to be missing Durban boy Miguel Louw will be conducted on Wednesday, KwaZulu-Natal police have confirmed.
Police spokesperson Colonel Thembeka Mbele on Tuesday said the examination would be conducted in Phoenix.
"DNA [testing] will be conducted [to] identify the body."
The National Prosecuting Authority (NPA) said that, once police had identified the body, they would move ahead with a case.
"Their investigation and information to us will determine our further action in the matter if necessary," NPA spokesperson Moipone Noko said.
The body, found on Monday afternoon on Longbury Drive in Phoenix, was clothed in a school uniform.
Louw, who went missing on July 17 in Sydenham, was believed to have been abducted shortly after leaving school.
Suspect released on bail
Last week, the only suspect in the matter, 43-year-old Mohammed Ebrahim, was released on R2 500 bail after evidence failed to link him to the boy's disappearance.
Video footage allegedly shows Ebrahim buying Louw KFC near his school in Rippon Road, Sydenham.
However, it is not yet clear whether the boy entered a taxi with Ebrahim after visiting the KFC. Ebrahim was arrested on July 28.
Police could not say whether any preliminary investigations could link Ebrahim to the body.
Police and a private security company had been chasing the suspects of a business robbery when the body was discovered.
A police search and rescue dog had been searching for the robbery suspects when it found the body around 15:00.
Louw's aunt Tasmin dos Santos, who was also at the scene, was inconsolable, wailing as locals looked on.
She had to be helped away, staggering while being assisted by friends and family.